Virtual Workshop: Diversity and Inclusion in STEM, Rutgers University, October 15, 2020
From Christine Bean on October 19th, 2020
- How to build a Broader Impacts team focused on productive and diverse partnerships
- Techniques for representing Broadening Participation in proposal writing
- The importance of Community Engagement and cross-campus partnership approaches to promote community building.
Sponsored by Rutgers Department of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement (DICE).
Speakers and Facilitators:
- Richard Alomar, Director of Urban Extension and Engagement, NJAES
- Patricia Irizarry-Barreto, Co-Director of the Rutgers Explorer Science Bus and Co-Director of the Rutgers Geology Museum
- Janice McDonnell, STEM Agent, Department of Youth Development
- Carmen Rine, Dean of Students, Greater Brunswick Charter School
- Chad Ripberger, Mercer County 4-H Agent
- Marissa Staffem. Essex County 4-H Agent
- Alesha Vega, 4-H STEM Coordinator, Department of Youth Development
Recorded via Zoom on 10/15/2020.